Glad you're here.


From to time to time, I'll upload new work from recent portrait shoots I've had. The images won't be limited to just portraits but odds and ends photographs that I find interesting. Keeps things fresh. When I find stunning photo on the web somewhere, portrait or otherwise, I'll post it here, too. I love sharing great images.


I am fortunate to be doing something I truly enjoy. I hope you will find a bit of visual inspiration when you drop by the blog. A great way to stay in touch is via the Samtina Pictures Fan page on Facebook.






Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mackenzie for Children's Healthcare of Atlanta - An Unbreakable Spirit.


McKenzie Coan was diagnosed with Osteognesis Imperfecta, a genetice disorder characterized by fragile bones that break easily. That means that her bones break easier than everyone elses. At 12 years old, she's broken more than 19 bones.

She is also know for breaking records in the arena of competitive swimming and swims every chance she gets. In fact, she's already set her sights on her next challenge-the 2012 Paralympic Games in London. "When I'm swimming, I'm equal to everyone else," says McKenzie.

An unbreakable spirit, indeed.

This image of McKenzie was shot for Children's Healthcare of Atlanta for one of their internal magazines. Big ups to Betsy Burts of Graphitti Design for her superb art direction
.

SamTina Pictures

V: 770.883.8484
E: samtina@stankaady.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP